Virtual swim feat
Published 23 Sep 2012 13:30 0 Comments
- Will 150 South Ayrshire staff vote to walk?
- Brilliant strokes! Meet South Ayrshire's top class swim team
- Date for your diary: Tuck in for Ayrshire's Save the Children Lunch
- Going, going ... gone! South Ayrshire's internet is set to take off high-speed
- Salvation Army opens the doors to their new home in Ayr
AN Alloway woman raised more than £1000 for charity swimming 'virtually' from Ayr Harbour to Arran.
Elizabeth Weir, from Alloway, a member of the Ayr, Prestwick and Troon Committee for Cancer Research UK decided to raise funds for the charity by completing a virtual swim between Ayr Harbour and Brodick Pier on Arran.
For the full story please see this week's paper.
This article appeared in Troon Times 18 Sep 12