RELIEVED parents heaped praise on school staff following a small fire at Struthers Primary in Troon.

The school was closed after a small blaze broke out on Thursday, September 13.

Children and staff were evacuated to Muirhead Activity Centre and the fire service quickly contained the blaze.

There were no injuries although a member of staff was treated for smoke inhalation. The school reopened on Monday, September 17.

Parents took to social media to express their thanks to staff.

For the full story, see this week's Troon Times.